Whistle Blowing Policy
Bangkok Life Assurance Public Company Limited (“The Company”) is determined to operate our business with transparency, fairness, and responsibility towards society. We are also aware of the importance of preventing fraud, wrongdoing, and violation of code of ethics or relevant business regulations, which may affect decision making and operations of the Company. This policy is issued to enable every group of stakeholders, internal and external, to blow the whistle or report suspicion on illegal actions and violation of ethics or relevant regulations. The channels established for whistleblowing, and the protection of whistleblowers and those who cooperate in the investigation process are listed in this policy.
- To encourage internal and external stakeholders to blow the whistle or report suspicion on actions of fraud, wrongdoing, and violation of ethics or relevant regulations to the Company via established channels to build a corporate culture that is transparent, free of fraud or misconduct and violation of ethics or relevant regulations.
- To support the Company’s operation to be accurate, suitable, transparent, efficient and verifiable as well as in accordance with the law, good corporate governance principles and to prevent any potential damage.
- To protect whistleblowers who report in good faith. The information of and provided by the whistleblower will be protected in confidentiality and remained undisclosed.
Personnel of Bangkok Life Assurance Public Company Limited and its subsidiaries must study, understand, and strictly abide by the practice guidelines in this policy.
- “Whistleblower” means directors, executives, employees, and all groups of stakeholders, both internal and external.
- “Whistleblowing” means reporting to the Company the actions or suspicious actions of fraud, wrongdoing, and violation of ethics or related regulations.
All groups of stakeholders can submit a whistleblowing report to the following channels:
1. Chairman of Audit Committee
2. Internal Audit Department
Tel: 0-2777-8233-4 Fax: 0-2777-8237 or email@example.com
3. Compliance Office
Tel: 02-777-8861 Fax: 0-2777-8605 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Internal Audit Department
Bangkok Life Assurance PCL 1415 Krungthep-Nonthaburi, Wongsawang, Bang Sue, Bangkok 10800
Apart from the channels listed above, employees can make inquiries or submit a whistleblowing report of wrongful actions or violations of the Company’s code of conduct or any relevant rules to the channels below:
- Human Resources Management Department
- Their trusted supervisors of all levels
Protection for the Whistleblowers and those who cooperate in the investigation process
The whistleblowers and those who cooperate in the investigation process who report the case in good faith shall receive protection in the following ways:
- The whistleblowers and those who cooperate in the investigation process can choose not to disclose their identity if they believe that such disclosure could bring danger or damage. However, disclosing identity can make the Company able to report the progress, explain the facts, or relieve the damages more conveniently and quickly.
- The Company may need to disclose information of the whistleblowers and those who cooperate in the investigation process, if required by law. The Company will prioritize the safety and damage towards the whistleblowers and those who cooperate in the investigation process.
- The Company will not discriminate against the whistleblowers and those who cooperate in the investigation process whether by changing work position, changing work characteristics, changing work location, work suspension, threat, disturbance, dismissal, or any other actions considered discrimination.
- The whistleblowers and those who cooperate in the investigation process may request protection measures from the Company if they believe that their actions may bring danger or damage. The Company may establish protection measures without requests from the whistleblowers and those who cooperate in the investigation process, if it believes that the matter may result in damage or danger.
The whistleblowers and those who cooperate in the investigation process must be well aware and understand that whistleblowing must be done in good faith with no intention to harm any company or individual. If a whistleblower makes false claims, the Company will operate according to its procedures and regulations, or applicable laws based on each case.
The Company reviews the policy regularly or when a significant change occurs.